Mega Eye Shine by Betsy Youngquist
Mega Eye Shine The Parade 8.5x4x4
The PARADE Series is about how we grapple with the fear of the unknown during times of human crisis. While self-quarantined, I started to make little dolls and a giant beaded PEEP. Then the idea of making a parade for Easter 2020 (my 55th birthday) while sheltering in place popped into my mind and stuck. The parade ensemble became the 800 block of Royal Street in New Orleans, where a Gay Easter Parade usually passes by Myth Gallery's open doors. Mega Eye Shine was made from a variety of materials.
- Massive Lemurian Quartz points from Brazil
- Glass Italian seed beads circa 1800
- Hundreds of black Swarovski flatback crystals
- Pieces from a vintage beaded purse
- Natural pearls
- Contemporary glass beads from Japan and the Czech Republic
- An oversized human resin eye
- All materials were hand placed using a mosaic technique.
The eye shine can either be set down or has a hole on the back for hanging on the wall. It is heavy.
These massive quartz points help cleanse negative energy from the space and creatures around them.
NOTE: This item requires special handling and shipping setup: we will handle this item as a separate shipping arrangement and charge. Please contact the gallery after purchase to arrange delivery: TheMythGallery@gmail.com or 504.513.8312 \n \n